Thursday, March 20, 2014

Playing with Metal

     I have been furloughed from work for a few weeks so I decided it was time to try out some new media.  I have been admiring the stamped metal jewelry for sale; we saw lots at the Renegade Craft Fair as part of SXSW in Austin this past weekend.
    I took an art lab from Roses on my Table  and also purchased a book called Stamped Metal Jewelry by Lisa Niven Kelly, the creator of the website Beaducation.  I discovered it is not as easy as it looks and you sure need a lot of new supplies and tools but I forged ahead.
    I love the designing part and have a million ideas but the execution is going to need some practice and I sure do HATE those pesky jump rings.
But here are a few of the pieces I have created which will be on sale at my booth at the Austin Gift Company for $25.00  I am also working on a custom design for mother's day so look for that.  I hope you are enjoying this (finally!) spring weather.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment