Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Adventures in Mixed Media!

Teaching at Hobby Lobby

I am so excited I am going to be teaching some mixed media classes at two of my local Hobby Lobby's beginning the last week in April!  I will be teaching at the Southpark location on Tuesdays from 1:30-4:00 and the class will be repeated the following Saturday from 1:30-4:00.  The first classes at that location are Tues, April 29th and Sat, May 3rd.  The Lamar location will have classes on Wed afternoons from 1:30-4:00 beginning April 30th and repeated Sat, May 3rd at 9:00-11:30.
 
The classes will be held every other week and we are going to explore all sorts of things like jewelry making, color and texture, using Citrasolve in art, Air Dried Clay, using your Cuttlebug in art, Subway art, alcohol inks, crinoline painting, transferring images and so much more.  Each class will be a self-contained unit, easy for any level, and you will create a finished project while laughing all along the way!
 
I am calling the first class "Let's Play Scrabble" and it's a 2-fer--we'll be making an 8 x 8 canvas as well as a charming necklace from scrabble tiles!  This will be just in time for Mother's Day so you can give one of them as a gift---the problem will be deciding who gets what!


 
Since some of us have more supplies than we know what to do with-you can take the class and bring your own supplies for $35.00 or I can supply all the materials for $50.00.  I will have scrabble tiles or other special items for a nominal cost so you don't have to buy a plethora of special items.
Both Hobby Lobby's have a display with all the details and samples and you can contact me via text or phone at 512-468-7190 or by email at sherilenora@gmail.com
 
If mixed media art isn't your thing I hope you will forward this page to your facebook page so the word will get spread to pals who might be interested. 
Hope you will join me in some artful adventures and I am still trying to do my blog giveaway so subscribe or follow me at sher-indipity.BlogSpot.com (put my name Sheri Lenora in the google search field for the easiest link).
 
Here's to happy arting! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment